Saturday, September 13, 2008

The view from inside our place.
Our bedroom - quite nice!

oh yeah


shower - the cold showers are actually quite nice at the end of the day.








Adrienne concentrating on starting without popping a wheelie













our porch.






our neighbors








our view









The market in Kabala - it's a very different and exciting shopping experience.










Sorry about the lack of workplace pictures! We just haven't taken our camera yet - we'll get some better ones soon. These are students responding to the bell for morning assembly. Adrienne and I taught "head and shoulders knees and toes" to the students in assembly as an intro to our health teaching. Unfortunately we don't really know where to go from here. We have video of it which we will try to post.











Our place - the CES guest house.












The drive from Makeni to Kabala is gorgeous.













7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you guys are safe and sound! We love the blog and love the pictures...we'll have to check to see if Chapters has "Learn to Speak Creo in 60 Minutes", if it does, it'll be in the mail to you ASAP!. Love you, Shannon and Jesse

Anonymous said...

Great photos and summary of the beginning of your journey. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your work places. The view from your porch is beautiful! All is well with us. Fia has now more than doubled her birthweight...I'm even noticing a bit of chub on her wrists. I'll be praying that you make some good friends and stay healthy. Kristy

Nancy Anderson said...

Greetings from Mozambique! Reading your latest update brings back SO many memories of my first days teaching in South Africa and also of my first days here in Mozambique. If it's any encouragement, I arrived in Mozambique thinking that I couldn't do it for more than a year, and I'm now finishing my third, planning to return for a fourth. It does definitely get easier and the communication also gets easier over time (the language here is Portuguese). Anyway- wanted you to know I'm rooting for you from the south! (and definitely praying!) Nancy

Krissi Bucholtz said...

Hey guys, love the pictures!
I was wondering why I recognized your neighbours but I think it's because my house was just down the hill from yours!
I hope you get internet back in Kabala soon, tell everyone I say hi and I miss them!
God Bless;
Krissi

Stephanie said...

Love the pics - keep them coming (if you can...)!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, place is beautiful. Your experience reminds me of my year in Jamaica. It was really hard at first, but you will fall in love with the country and the kids. We are thinking about you and praying for you. Be sure to update the blog when you can...I love reading about it.
As per the team Joe. We are ranked #2...although not sure about that. We played OK on the weekend but LCS beat us last week in a best of 5 which should weigh a little heavier. At any rate. We are getting better. I will e-mail you more details so Jesse doesn't get too much out of me here :)
I am missing you at school. No one to talk golf with in every spare moment. I am hoping to drop my handicap so I can kick your butt wen you get back. My goal is to have you golfing within 24 hours of your return.
Rider cup was good. US won.
I hope you are both doing well. We miss you.
Sean and Leanne Engbers

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos! glad to see that the shower does exist (instead of the bucket situation) and that you have a place to stay right away! Wish I could sit with you on the porch!
Lisa